Continuing their efforts to adapt gameplay to fit the styles and abilities of all Trainers, Niantic has announced they will be testing two new features in Pokémon GO. Daily guaranteed Pokémon encounters and Daily Free Boxes in the shop will soon be rolling out to a select group of Trainers during the test phase. Let’s take a closer look at all that was announced.
Daily guaranteed Pokémon encounters
- A limited group of Trainers will soon get a special visit from Professor Willow!
- If you’re part of this test, he’ll tell you that he’s been working on a special kind of Incense.
- This Incense won’t appear in your Item Bag, but it’ll be active after Professor Willow gives it to you, attracting a Pokémon once a day that’ll appear only for you.
- Be sure to check the game every day to see what Pokémon will appear!
Daily Free Boxes in the shop
- Soon, a small number of Trainers will be able to receive a free box of items daily in the shop!
- If you’re part of this test, the Shop button will display a notification when a Daily Free Box is available.
- To get your Daily Free Box, simply go to the shop and claim the box in the Free section.
- The box will contain different items each time, so be sure to claim your Daily Free Box every day to see what items you get!
We will be rolling these features out over the coming months to more Trainers, so keep an eye out for updates.
WHO DOESN'T LIKE FREE STUFF?
Everyone loves free stuff! Who will get to be a part of this test run is the big question here. Will it be completely random? Will the guaranteed encounters be limited to rural players or players who have lower catch totals? Will the Daily Boxes be for those who have fewer friends? All these questions will have to wait until the features get released to be answered, stay tuned to G2G for future updates on these two new features.